Thursday, October 06, 2005
who? mike who? (the obligatory raps post)

and in other news the toronto raptors have traded away talented but troubled point guard Rafer Alston to the Houston Rockets for Mike who? Mike Jones. The self proclaimed "boss of the north", The newest Raptor addition had this to say about the trade: "I'm Mike Jones [Who] Mike Jones the one and only you can't clone me. Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me. Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me"...(note: Mike also had a lot to say about "tippin on fo-fos" but I don't know what that means so let's just say Mike is a good tipper... to waitresses and cows alike). It remains to be seen how well Jones will fit in with the rest of the team. When asked about the trade, co-captain Jalen Rose commented, "Trade or no trade, Jalen Rose comes into camp to play ball. Simple as that. All I ask from the team is that Jalen Rose gets his share of touches in the game. I mean, I don't even really play Point guard. It's the only way that i can guarantee that I will have the ball in my hands. Honestly though, some PGs can be real egomaniacs at times and won't give up the ball, when they know full well that they gotta give the rock to the Rose. Come crunch time, no one will be asking who Mike James or Jones is, cause they'll be too busy watching Jalen Rose do his thang. Jalen Rose wins basketball games. Simple as that. Jalen Rose." 6"11" rookie Charlie Villanueva commented, "It makes for an interesting scenario to bring Jones in here at the camp. I think having another veteran presence in camp is going to put some pressure on myself and the rest of the PGs gunning for the starting PG spot. But I'm pumped nonetheless. I'm out to prove the haters wrong. Come tipoff time, I'm going to prove to you guys that I'm definitely worth the gamble at the 7th spot in the draft AND that I can play the point as well. That way, I can be on the floor at the same time as CBosh." (note: this is no joke: CV believes he's THAT versatile, that he can play ALL positions including the 1 spot. Riiiiiiigggghhhttt. Sounds to me like the poor boy is just out to get minutes any way he can) Rafael Araujo, who has largely been regarded as a bust due to his poor performance in his first season had these parting words for the critics: "I go to Europe in summer to work on basketball. It is good. I am good. Last year, people in stands booing hurt. I is hurt but I make them not boo again. Because. I am good. I learned not to hit players on other team because foul is bad and coach make me sit. This year I stand. This year I run. This year I no sit."

To sum up, we got one PG who's bound to start rhyming about STDs, one PG who will only pass to players named Jalen or Rose, one PG in a Power Forward's body, and a center who's promised to keep his hands to himself, so don't boo him or he'll come through your TV screen in a Ring-esque fasion and educate you on the Spanish word for "Ow--eeee". Can't wait for tipoff. We are going to suck for serious but at least we will be fun to watch =)
posted by DarrenGene @ 1:30 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its a shame to lose skip...my skip jersey is now probably $40 cheaper.

    as for hte raps, u must wait and see how they fair against other teams before placing comments bout how they r. maybe they will run well together, or perhaps they will suck like how babies suck on their thumbs - all the time!!!

    we should get raps tickets, friday before school start in january is raps vs houston

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger DarrenGene said…

    guess we just gotta wait and see. But on the real, camp has been positive as most of our players have come back to camp with some improved aspects to their individual game or physique (i.e. Loren and CBosh putting on the muscle and Hoffa dropping weight and looking to be more mobile). ESPN's got the Raps ranked as the worst team this year, which has definitely fired up the squad. let's see what they can do...and Im all for catching the rafer reunion game

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger JL said…

    hilarious parody of jalen's rock-like antics. countin' on charlie V to do some serious damage, got some high hopes on that boy.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger nels said…

    d, yous a funny guy! I actually laughed out loud on the Jalen Rose bit. I'm pretty excited to see how we'll do this year, but I'm already anticipating the raps breaking my heart again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1