Monday, April 18, 2005
asianavenue 2?

As promised in post number one


Remember Asianavenue when that was the rave? I still remember when ppl did AA religiously trying to get more hits and referrals in order to score the sacred AA Tshirt or baseball cap. I remember even seeing ppl rock the messenger bag. But those were the days when ur selfesteem was dictated to an extent by how long your friends-list was...or by ur uber cool name. I mean millions of AA users must have thought they were serious hotties in order to have such a backload of usernames like AsianHotness213456 and SuperDuperSexyPinay9047585940344. Yeah but then again, maybe there were really that many asian hotties on AA. But I'm really one to talk since my AA name was dime_mecca which i translated at the time to mean "a little taste of heaven". I probably took that name at the time cuz "AsianSupermodel" was already taken.

Looking at Blogs and xangas now, i wonder if much has changed? Are we still staging a popularity contest? Well for one thing, this site doesn't have the "hit counter" or at least I haven't discovered it yet. There's no friends' list, and really the only time i know if anyone actually reads these words is if someone posts a comment. Haha at this point into my post, i officially have 2 friends, katz and cherhole, who have ventured forth comments (score 2 on my friends' list! yessssss!). But yeah, I'd like to think that maybe since the AA days, my life has gotten less superficial, that in creating a blog, I'm not attempting to hi-jack more of God's glory but am using this as a means to express my thoughts to those who care . But in comparing AA with Blogger, i am in a sense comparing my self of then to myself of now. Has my superficiality changed? Am I a bigger gloryhog then before? I guess change starts once u begin to ask yourself that and make a conscious decision to decide where the glory should fall. So as the old hymn singeth:

God is glory, we are mirrors,
weee little shaving mirrors at that
Where do we get the balls to even
try to steal the show from Him.

(it's at the back of ur hymn books)
posted by DarrenGene @ 2:07 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i couldn't find no hymn that went like that ;P
    -zak

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I find that blogger and xanga are ways for me to keep in touch with friends. Being away in univ, it's hard to know what others are up to... so this is our medium. Great chest hair btw, where can I get a set? ;)

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger sillypoo said…

    just thot i'd come see what was so pressing a matter that made you decide to start a blog for yourself=) some interesting thoughts here. i think i'd compare Friendster with something like AA. i still stumble upon the occassional "asianhotty123" here and there lol.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1