Tuesday, July 26, 2005
leprosy, temp academic freedom, and things that make you go hmmmm...
so about a month ago, i developed an itchy mother rash on my back and went to the good doctor to get it checked out. I get prescribed an antibiotic called eryc for short in order to deal with it...rare side effects include nausea and diahrea, but the doctor tells me not to worry about it cause that only happens in rare cases. Sure enough, my particular case is just like how i like my steaks and my trusty bottle of pepto bismal never leaves my side for a week... which is when my skin begins to turn red. Another visit to the doctor and i'm officially off Eryc and onto reactines and allegras to make me a normal boy ago... and then the skin starts to peel off on my hands and feet: Leprosy (or some form of dermatitis). Good news now is that the skin peeling looks to be stopping now and i'm on the mend. Bad news is with my newfound health, i can no longer use leprosy as a viable excuse to get out of swimming on fridays where we take the kids to swim at the local pool for outings. Goodbye peeling skin, hello swimming pools with "warm patches" where there should be no "warm patches". It's a love hate relationship that me and eryc have.

Microeconomics is over.... and i can live again =)

Just scored the Goowakjuy series off of friend Gord on VCD. Oh the memories. It's amazing how they manage to keep the machetes tucked up nicely in their pantlegs. I guess my fondness for shorts in the summertime (and not the ghetto thug shorts that are like Calvin's from Calvin and Hobbes which reach down to your ankles but the shorts that hit the knees) mean that the only blades i can stick up my pant legs are steak knives or swiss army knives but those suckers would have to be strapped on to my thighs and that's not a place that a boy would conceal a weapon. I mean i know i have real thexy thighs but i'd like to think that's not the last thing my victim would see before they eat my blade.

Kids say the darndest things these days. So I'm eating my lunch with the 3s and 4s and the girls start talking about future professions for me in the future. Meanwhile, i'm just happily munching on my food just listening to the usual responses of "Janitor", "Icecream scooper", "beggar", "poopoo smeller" etc... then alison spits out a rare one...

A: "i think that you Darren should be a fashion model!"
D: "really Alison? thanks that made my da....."
A: "...But i don't know if you'd be good cause you're ugly"
D: "gotcha. Back to my lunch" (i went to cry a little on my break before coming back to make the keeds run suicides for instructional recreation... cuz they like to run =))

Future profession: I'll be a model if i wanna be! A leg model at the very least cause of my tantalizing thexy thighs. And maybe work part time as a slave driver? And that's it for this post. here's some pictures!
posted by DarrenGene @ 11:26 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh dear goodness, i actually lol'd. allison is money.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1