Tuesday, June 28, 2005
left side????? STRONG SIDE!


This (Remember the Titans) wasn't my favourite movie but it's getting some consideration now of entering into my top 10 (Shawshank Redemption reigns king). But it is good for getting you really amped (especially now that we have softball on wknds now). Speaking of softball, it's not so much the winning and losing that makes the sport fun. It's the feeling of being on the field or on the diamond with a glove in hand waiting for the pitch to come out... Knowing that at the crack of the bat, that ball could be headed in ur direction and knowing that if that's the case, it's on you to make the play cause ur team's depending on you... and then when the ball hits the leather, u bobble it a few times before letting it drop to the ground. Well the last part actually feels like a shot to the nuts but everything else is money mixed with some light feelings of Vangundiness.

And this tanning business is happening faster than expected. Zak pointed it out tonite at BBC practice and made me realize that I might actually hit hawaiian before the end of july. Vee, according to her blog, has already hit this stage so it's comforting to know i'm not alone. Not like there's anything wrong with Hawaiians or darkskindedness. Hey I'm not racist. I love hawaiians. I love black people. I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE! SHOOOWW MEEEE THHEEE MONNNEEEYYYY! you had me at hello.

Can you smell that? Trade Winds are brewing! the NbaDraft is right around the corner! But i'm out of the prediction bizness since my guffup with the NBA finals.

and wordemup to all for the warm encouragement regarding the mixtape. And for the record, i don't love madonna so much as i love how her songs mix really well with each other... but pre-coke whitney, on the other hand, is money. I mean the girl just wants to dance with somebody who loves her. Don't we all? Come on now! How can u not love whitney? I'm pretty sure Bobby brown loves her. Let's all love her.

alright, peter owen everybody.
dar

> On a side note, I'm surprised that no one pointed out the randomness of Soul Survivor's Eye of the Tiger being on the tape. I mean, who mixes in the theme song to Rocky with Jermaine Stewart's the Word is Out? I did it for jokes. Come on! How did u not notice that? Did you even listen to the tape? I mean you could have just said, "You made a mixtape? Nice! But I don't think I'm going to give it a listen cause I don't feel like it." I would have been all, "Hey it's a free country and don't worry cause you not wanting to listen to my mix in no way hurts our friendship or my feelings." But now you just went and told a stone cold lie to my face. Thanks. Friendship harmed as well as feelings. Thanks a lot.

>> On another note, it's time to catch the wave and ride it out! BBC baby!
posted by DarrenGene @ 12:10 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i actually DID notice that on your mixtape......, but clearly neglected to say anything...., speaking of jermaine stewart, do you have "we don't have to take our clothes off" on vinyl? u must use that on bbq banger part 2.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo man, just wanted to say what's with the randomness of soul survivor's eye of the tiger being on the tape. i mean, seirously, what gives?

    but that bbq banger is certainly money. gg.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually noticed it as well when i was driving in my car. I made a mental note and went on with my trip. I was going to mention it, but i didn't.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1