Wednesday, August 17, 2005
my name is jack bauer and this is the longest day of my life
or that's how it's been feeling the past week with camp and BBC. But jea, BBC is now done and i leave from that conference blessed and rejuvenated. But mang, the worship night sessions for BBC were simply B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Everyone dancing, shouting, singing, forming congo lines, myself breaking drumsticks and sweating off a pound in the process. Little keeeds stealing the mics away from the worship leaders and belting their little hearts out thru the speakers. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Never had to pound the skins so hard in my life. Praise God for foam earplugs. But yeah, It's amazing what the Spirit and the feeling of freedom can do to a person.

Oh man. On to work. It's hella fun but come 5-6pm everyday i just begin to lose it. I'm telling u, when it's 10-11 in the morning, i'm a real nice guy and the keeds luv me and i luv them. It's the annoying ones that really bring out the worst in me tho. And u know that they're real annoying when they keep on asking u if they're annoying u. Am i annoying u? yep. Am i annoying u now? yep. How bout now? still annoying. And so on and so forth. Again, i can handle this at 10-11...I've got my cool together then. But between 5-6, i've found myself looking for more "creative" solutions to deal. Case one: one of the older campers comes running towards me but before she even opens her mouth I stare straight into her eyes and perform my best impression of the T-rex from Jurassic park telling the world that u're not the boss of me now. Case two: in order to speed up the clean up process in the reading room, since the keeds have to pick up all the games and junk nicely before we lock everything up, i've found that rather than simply telling them to clean up faster, subjecting them to me singing round after round of the introduction to the Circle of Life from Lion King (the "AAAAAAAAASSSAQUUENNNNNUIIAAAAAA MEEEDDEEvVeVEETZIVAVAH part) gets the job done quicker since most are convinced that i either sing real bad or that i'm crackcrazy.
But don't get me wrong. Love me the camp. Love me the keeds. And Love me the Lion King.



me at 10-11AM: well not me cause that's jesus but just look at How he's dealing with those keeds. Just like me!


me at 5-6PM: don't make me keeeeel you!
posted by DarrenGene @ 11:49 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1