Thursday, December 15, 2005
phonetag
so right about now (5:28PM) i'm waiting by the computers at mac-correy pressing the refresh button on my email box hoping that my thesis supervisor will hit me back. This afternoon was all about phonetag, email tag since we've both been working against the clock trying to get ethics approval for my undergrad thesis that im working on regarding postmodern churches. He's all over the place, I'm all over the place and now that everything's done, all i need is his signature and then i can drop this sucka off and head home with a smile. Real nice guy, but impossible to locate. He's the kinda guy that when u try to schedule an appointment with him, he emails you from india 5 hours later letting u know he'll be back shortly. arrrrgrggghhhh but yeah all i need to do is find him then everything's gravy. I love how in mac correy too, when u go upstairs everything is windows so u can check to see if the person u're looking for is on the 3rd or 5th floor as well. Wish me luck or im going to have to make a homecheck! peas

(5:38 update): cmon now. If you're a prof teaching about new communications technology there's no excuse to no pick up ur phone or answer ur emails. Work with me here ryan (name changed to protect identity). let's go.

(5:38: 32 seconds): yesss i type that fast while still looking down at the keyboard. I've grown impatient and hungry within the last 32 seconds. I'm going to call his home now

(5:40): why is no one picking up? why won't you return my calls? was it something i said? was it something i've done? I'm starting to feel the irrational/violent veins pumping...

(5:44): that's it. I'ev had it. Prof. tomilslot (name changed to protect identity) is the invisible man. I'm not in the proper mental state to continue with these sherades. Unguarded empty pop cans beware. Hulk smaaasssshhh! Oh well, at least i get to head to "wok IN" with jordan and dano tonite and then watch kingggg konnnggg take on t-rexs! oh snap! maybe this'll beat narnia night last night (which i really enjoyed)....irrational/violent veins subsiding... all is well. Serenity now

(5:59): was halfway on way to home when i decided to call his home again. Success. I can drop off forms at his house. Now back at Maccorrey doing my part of the signing and updating about the latest. Hopefully this'll be the last post about this. Pray that i don't get attacked by squirrels or rhinos on my trek to his home
Peas for good

(6:00): my prof is also a prof about surveillance practices with new forms of tech. I will change his name to protect his identity as well as my own academic future just in case this blog becomes published in sociolofy today
posted by DarrenGene @ 5:28 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thx darren.

    its been pumpin nonstop in my speakers.

    so sick.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow thats a super long comment - funny how it has nothing to do w/ your blog.. phonetag sucks but im glad you got home safe. you know what sucks more though? tag w/ no touch-backs. especially if you're slow. those sucked the most because the slow kid would get picked on the most. no - it wasn't me but now no-one will ever know. thank goodness we've grown out of tag w/ no touch backs!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1