Wednesday, May 25, 2005
CC recap

our very solid small group

I'm still trying to take things in and really reflect on what happened this past weekend. At the very least, I leave this conference very blessed with a feeling that I am a part of something special and exciting for the days to come. I have a renewed hope that God's working on something big in our campuses. And it all starts with repentance. For me this meant coming to the cross and laying down my sins of selfishness and hypocrisy: trying to negotiate between living for Me and God. So all there's left to do now is to surrender my life, my ambitions, my dreams for His sake. Now the act of attempting to surrender my life to Him isn't necessarily new to me, but it's been a while, and for some reason, it's not accompanied by the feeling of loss and sacrifice of something I'm trying to hold on to as I've felt in the past. In its place is an understanding and hope that what He has planned is infinitely greater than my own plans.

And to a large extent, that's what this weekend was all about: Students and workers coming to that realization that they must continue to die to their selves and with selfish ambitions out of the way, seeking out his direction and calling, praying for unity among the body of Christ.

I'm blown away by the sense of community that was fostered during the weekend. I'm blown away by the connection that was created in our small group, that we were able to share so freely with one another our struggles, our burdens, our joys as if we had all grown up together when for most of us, friday was the first time we met. I'm excited in what God has in store for our smallgroup and pray that we can continue to meet and pray for one another (i love you guys).

I'm excited for what God has in store in Queens (this summer and next year). I feel like a kid again

I think i'm going to leave it at that for now. Oh to be alive
posted by DarrenGene @ 1:06 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger ¤Jõ¥¤ said…

    Darina!!!

    I thought I'd leave you a little comment since you said no one leaves you comments! =) haha

    awww... you really love your small group THAT much huh??? Thanks for the good memories and the ability to be the butt of all my jokes during small group time. =)

    I couldn't have asked for a better co-leader. hehe My highlight was the hashbrown, hands down!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Adrian said…

    Darren!!! I didn't know you had a blog! YES! More idling on other ppl's pages now :D U rawk...what've u been up to? Do you have msn?

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i heart darren gene

    w00t lydia was in ure group eh?!

    i miss joo, come visit me in kingston

    -johnny

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Adrian said…

    Darren's got such a baby face...he's soooo adorable...I totally concur w/ johnny...what a QT Pi...*swoon*

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger DarrenGene said…

    adrian: me babyface? oh adrian gabriel wang. You're really one to talk. How's work?
    johnny: miss you too buddy. Come up to toronto. More things to do up here!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1