Friday, March 17, 2006
so it's 5:36 in the am on friday and yeah man, got me about 4 hours of sleep but am now restless in anticipation for my 8:30 (cause i love school this much). Checked me out some Youtube vids, but that got a lil stale after 10 minutes of searching for more videos of "urban ninjas". So instead, figured i might as well jump into scripture since my mindstate has been restless as of late to find refuge, and Psalm 5 hits me like a Mack 10 truck. Rather than paraphrasing this one, i'm going to say check it out for yourself. But yeah, it concludes like this: "For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favour as with a shield" . True. Double true. And while I'm in the mood of quoting SNL parodies of the Chronicles of Narnia (and if that made no sense to you, it's time to check out LAZY SUNDAY - the Chronicles of Narnia @ Youtube.com), i might as well exercise a loose mental movie association/connection and throw out an Aragon quote from LOTR. This one's for you Jon Lee!

Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!


....and I'm ghost like Swayze!
posted by DarrenGene @ 5:37 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger JL said…

    yeayea! shields shall be splintered and all that good stuff; aragorn owns!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1