Monday, April 10, 2006
so im knee deep in essays and thesis work so i'm going to save the more serious "hey look i'm graduating and i want to thank..." blogs until after i conquer these mountains. But until then, an update on hawaii:

3 weeks ago, i got this email from the Masters of Social Work secretary at the U oh H:

Hi Darren,
I have your application before me and was just about to acknowledge its
receipt. No decision has yet been made on your application. Can you check back with me again within three weeks? Hopefully, I'll have an answer for you by then.
Aloha,
Marlene Matsuda


so 3 weeks later, today, I sent em an email to check up on my status and got this as a reply:

I checked with the Graduate Division and they will work on your application
right away. Upon receipt of their documents, we will then review your
application for admission. Thanks for your patience.

Marlene Matsuda


... which got me a thinking. If Marlene had my application 3 weeks ago to review, why is she telling me now that my application is with the grad division? Just to clarify the way paper moves, is that it first goes to the grad division, and then sent to the specific department for admission review.

"I have your application before me" - 3 weeks ago

"Upon receipt of their documents, we will then review your
application for admission" - Now


something smells fishy about these emails I've been receiving. But on the real, the waiting part doesn't bother me. Now that I have no timeline of when i should get word, it's like Christmas Eve everyday. But yeah thanks everybody for checking on me with this and now you know what i know. In the words of Marlene Matsuda, "Thanks for your patience"
posted by DarrenGene @ 5:32 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger a. said…

    i wanted to call you today to check up on you! hope you're feelin okay. i was expecting good news, and i STILL expect good news from you, Darren Wong! ...but it's more like, bitter sweet news when i find out you're stuck in a hot, hot place with hot hawaiian girls.


    do they make hawaiian pizzas in hawaii? see, there ARE such things as a stupid question.
    peeeeas. :)

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me: "hi i am calling with regards to my application status"
    admin lady from uni at blo: "what is your name sir?"
    me: "it is jordan wong"
    blo: "mr. wong your application is still pending a decision from the admissions committee"
    me: "but how come i haven't gotten an email or mail by now seeing that the last possible interview date is this weekend?"
    blo: "mr.wong don't worry about it"
    *click*
    so that was last week. i don't know how u can deal with ur future which such patiences. but props to u for doing so, i must take a lesson from u.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    there's always plan H...


    TO UCSD for the all-inclusive resort that is known as UCSD.

    it'll be good times. Ill be there redoing my undergrad... ericsson will be around the corner in sum neighbouring state... and we can party like we've never partied with american ppl (girls) like we've never partied before..

    sounds gooood!

    -Derek

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want that chain... saves lives for sure!..

    ur admission situation... i'm going thru the sam crap... they just want to see how desperate you are... i THINk.. lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1