Saturday, May 13, 2006
the summer of darren
yep. It truly is the summer of darren. While everyone's off rushing to find summer jobs or means of employment for the years to come, I'm here typing away, sipping on some honey lemon hot water soaking in the UV rays from my trusty zenith LCD monitor. So what do I have to update you on? Not too much, it's been real slow, like Bengie Molina's sprint around the basepaths. But on the Bengie Molina tip, I did manage to catch some jays game last week. Count em: THREE Jays games. Goodtimes from start to finish. Nothing beats catching a game with the roof open on a sunny day with good people with the token "I LOVE BJs" chant on the repeat in the background, being drowned out on occasion by the sounds of a high pitched shriek followed by "Catch it Catch it Catch it!" from a young girl at every play (including foul tips no where close to being put in play). Yesterday tho, helped to throw a 30th anniversary party for the parentals which was goodtimes (akkkkwwarrd) but goodtimes still earning me precious "gwai-jai" points with them which in my mind is like a get out of jail free card. Any time i potentially screw up large in the near future, that party will be my form of leverage (to cash in my "gwai-jai" points possibly to escape punishment). I can see it now.

operator: Will you accept a collect call from "your loving son"?

Dad/Mom: ummm... yes.

Darren: Hey dad, mom!

Dad/Mom: what did you do?

Darren: Well one thing led to another and now I'm in jail, we no longer have our two cars anymore and we have a 10 million dollar lawsuit on our hands.

Dad/Mom: "Our hands?"

Darren: Hey remember the time I threw that party for you guys and you you guys had all your friends over and had a great time?

Dad/Mom: ahhh yess. Gwai Jai. Okay. Just give us the details and we'll take care of everything.

Darren: Thanks! Love You!


It's ok to live just a little bit more recklessly knowing that you have some gwai-jai points stored away some where for a rainy day. Alright so sides from softballing, chilling, pokering, it looks like another honey lemon hot water kinda week for next week. If you're busy with the job, the work, the summerschool, it's high time that you broke out a glass, cut up some lemons, throw in some honey, break out the aviators, and get your tan on. I saved you a lawn chair in front of my monitor.

Sing with me now... "Summer breeze...Makes me feel fine...Blowing through the jasmine in my miiiinnnnnddddd" ~ Seals and Crofts
posted by DarrenGene @ 2:50 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *shrill scream* CATCH IT! YOU SUCK! BLUE JAYS COME ON! GO BLUE JAYS! GO BLUE JAYS!. sometimes buying food (like subs) to stifle such shrill screams help...sometimes. other times you need to close your eyes and wish that a baseball will be hit and fly conveniently into mouths of such screamers.

    fun times w/ the honey lemon tea - at least you know skin cancer wont be a problem this year - only poor eyesight and strange electronic radiation. YAY TISSUE CANCER!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "YAY TISSUE CANCER!"???

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1