Friday, May 05, 2006
weekend update
so the undergrad's officially done and i'm now typing this entry away on my dad's laptop. But yeah, it's been a pretty busy first week of freedom still, you know cause it's so hard just chilling out, maxing, and relaxing all cool and shooting some softball outside the school. But yeah, good times catching up with the fam and friends. Here's a couple observations from this week:

a) My dad is a machine: went running with the old man a couple days ago on the trail and he was running at my pace and i was thinking, yeah this is ok. It's funny too cause when he runs, for every one step i take, he takes 3, so i'm thinking to myself, that's so inefficient... how did this guy ever run in the boston marathon? So I'm all cocky and tell my dad, "Hey dad, why don't you run at your regular marathon pace"... and he's like "Ok, right after this hill"... and as soon as we clear it he takes off and i'm left coughing on the exhaust. Less than 5 minutes later i'm telling my dad to slow down so i can lay down and die.

b) I Hate trees: well at least this time period when trees are starting to bud cause it's got me blowing litres of snot into tissue. Coupled with a cold/cough that i've developed, i'm just so confused of what medication to take... Contac today or Aerius today? Buckley's or Reactine? So in the end i just take em all... I guess that makes me the posterchild of North American society being "Overmedicated". In the end though, my frequent use of tissue means me buying more tissue, means more trees are cut down, which translates into no more trees, which means no more allergies so in the end I win! (unless i'm allergic to weeds or something else).

c) 24 is freaking good: had some time to catchup on season 5 and OMG, like Lays, you can't stop at just one.

d) Good catching up with the pengyous: from the school to the church buddies, it's been good times. Definitely looking forward to the weeks ahead with more playdays in front of me

e) Party Planning is hard work: so i'm working side by side with my rents friends to plan a 30th anniversary bash for my mom and my dad and yeah, so many things just to work out from cakes to decorations, to figuring out who to invite, of who's cool with who, how to make the worlds collide as softly as possible etc..

f)pokerstars.net is more addictive than a roll of unpopped bubble wrap

that's it for now. Looking forward to a weeeeek of bluejays baseball!
posted by DarrenGene @ 2:21 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahahahahaha softball...good to see u at our practice...but i heard u actually skipped out on illuminate's practice to goto ours?? if this is true...u're a horrible horrible teammate... hahahahaha

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger DarrenGene said…

    oh man if you put it that way, yeah i guess that makes me look like a horrible horrible teamate hahaha.... buuut no it wasn't a practice that i missed so i guess that makes me less of a horrible person haha! love you illuminate!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when we be chillin yoo

    oh yo.. you comin down for jordans thing wit the thing?

    lemme kno.. we can turn that day crazyyyyy.. maybe.. i still dont kno if i can go yet for it is likely ill be in the Tdot..so yeh..heh

    -Derek

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would like to propose that you are not only allergic to trees but to other pollens created by plants. but we need trees and other plants because they give us oxygen! darren buying more tissue thus having more trees cut down thus eventually running out of trees means massive loss of oxygen. we all lose! STOP SNOTTING!

    - katz

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    solution to ur allergies without commiting planticide using herbicides:

    FLONASE <- go cop it now

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1