Sunday, August 06, 2006
son of a beach

Past few days I've finally had the opportunity to have some fun. Got a chance to hit up the beaches (waikiki which is the ash bridges bay equivalent in the downtown core and waimea bay which is where the waves get purty large during the winter season). Did up some snorkelling with one of my new new moms and her fam at waimea yesterday which was pretty crazy. Eyeballed some pretty colourful...oops my bad..I'm in the US now... I mean "colorful" fish as well as some big mother scary ones hiding in the underwater caves. One of the guys that I was with swam out a little too far and was carried out to sea by the current but because hes got a healthy voicebox, he managed to get the attention of a couple of guys from the Navy who swam out and pulled him back into shore. Poor kid was the butt of everyone's jokes for the day. But yea, trying to getting as much beach time before school starts in a few weeks. Doing up some boogie boarding later on in the afternoon so that should be goodtimes (slowly workng myself up the difficulty ladder of watersports). hmmm other things i saw: I hiked to the top of the Diamondhead crater which is a huge mountain overlooking oahu, visited kualoa ranch which was the movie site for jurassic park, godzila, mighty joe young, Hurley's golf course from Lost and some other flicks, and yah a whole bunch of other touristry things

But yeah, sides from the funtimes, according to US customs, I don't exist cause i neglected to show them my student visa when I was crossing the border (because they didn't ask for it) and because of my stupidness I might have to fly back to vancouver and do it all over again but here's hoping that i won't have to. But it's the waiting game for now. So here's some more random pictures of the past few days. Peaaaas!


along the ala wai blvd


looking out from the diamondhead. I gotta stop making that stoopid face


from the top of diamonhead


on the godzilla set and again with the stoopid face
posted by DarrenGene @ 3:37 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ya im procrastinating from studying.

    quit wid the american't language.

    so stupid if u have to go back to vancity...isn't there a better way?

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and i will be in waikiki too in 3 weeks!

    i dunno if you got my msg but ill be in from essentially the 26th till mid 28th.. so really...no time.haha... but i told my fam that id meet up wit you for a bit n they said it's kool..so yehh... and you can us which places to hit up!

    and like....i so was not doing commentary for you. .so like.....suck it up.. and im guessing you didn't watch the whole thing then.. so the "funny" part's at the end.

    ez

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1