Wednesday, May 24, 2006
midweek update
spring's been real good so far. Bluejays are staying competitive, raptors have the number one pick in the draft this june, softball practice has been goodtimes, so yeah, it's been a good may. Here are some more speciic updates of what's been going on:

Hawaii: i'm going to have to head down earlier than i thought for a mandatory orientation on the 8th or the 9th of August which means I'm probably going to have to leave sometime in the first week to get myself setup (classes begin on the 21st). Officially the program runs for 2 years with a lot of practicum experience so definitely excited about getting a placement. Still shopping around for a place but i'm going to hold out for a bit till the parentals get back so i can get in contact with my mom's friend who does real estate down there before i sign on the dotted line.

Swimming Lessons: I'm seriously contemplating in taking them but if anyone here is certified to give me some pointers that would be cool too.

Gen4x: have the priviledge to be part of thursday's session worship team for a weekend conference at youngnak. I miss the drums.


RedBull BC1
: had the chance to check out a pretty hype one on one bboy competition with jordan, jas and mel. Shuckety-Shucks. Sensory overload. Same day, headed down to the distillery district and had me the cotdang best gelato i've ever had...made me weak in the knees.

and in other spontaneous news, I just bought be a macbook online. It was one of the hardest struggles I ever faced. But in the end my bank account lost and will be receiving my 13 inch glossy mother of a notebook in the mail in approx 2-3 weeks. So if you owe me money, now would be a good time to ante up cause i need money to pay off my Visa bill. Gracias!
posted by DarrenGene @ 4:16 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger JenNiferHY said…

    ARGH. I'm unhappy with Apple b/c the new Macbooks are exactly the same as the old ibook G4s with the exception of one additional inch and the built-in isight. I'm jealous man...but now we can add each other to ichat and experience good times.

    Onto other things, I took swimming lessons last year (b/c I never learned as a kid) and I was going take them this summer...wanna take them together? Olympian Swimming at Warden and Bridletowne...

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger DarrenGene said…

    no way man. The processing speed kills the old ibook. 1.83 GHz! But yes, that means i officially have a friend that i can correspond with using I-sight! Check out the rates about Olympian swimming and get back to me? are we talking group or private lessons here?

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HxGQlsnPoY

    learn from this. notice how much extra clothing is being worn possibly to keep him warm.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay ibook! yay hawaii!.
    lol. ps. spontenaeity doesnt usually take a week or so - usually involves NOT THINKING... ahahha

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NOOO!!!! u're gonna MISS OUR GAME!!!!....DONT GO!!!!!! aaahhh!!!...u're gonna miss the chance to play me and gab! it mite be like the last time EVER!...just skip ur orientation! play softball!! =(

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    matt where are you priorities? =P hope all is well dar!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i charge 10$ for every half an hour.. and i guarantee you'll be the main shark in hawaii..

    .. are there sharks in hawaii?

    -Derek

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger heidi-ho said…

    darren!! CONGRATS ON HAWAII!!! that's so awesome!!

    :D

    after time spent in the warm sun, surrounded by beaches, sipping pina coladas...will we ever see you again?? haha

    CONGRATS again, i'm so happy for you!! :)

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo Darren,

    before I forget, guess who I saw in NYC? Chicago Bulls star 2guard BEN GORDON! and then 5 minutes later, All-star guard Gilbert Arenas on his cell with his agent! MADNESS...sorry im bored at work right now. PAAeeece

    Ricson

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger JenNiferHY said…

    i demand a new post! NEW POST!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1